Yellow Jacket Hovercraft - Kirk's Story
No, that's not a bumper... it's a removable steering/tow bar.
- Number: 7
- Built: January, 98 by Kirk Swaney
- Vehicle weight: 160 lb. (without driver or ballast)
- Configuration: cycle car, open cockpit
- Max length: 11'-1"
- Max width: 44"
- Max height: 23.5"
- CG: approximately 18" behind front axle CL.
- Wheel base: 71" (center line to centerline)
- Track width: 36.5" (tire center line to tire centerline)
- Drive motor: Scott (3hp Peak) or Pentad 5.1E (6hp Peak)
- Speed Controller: Curtis
- Drive system: Swaney WHISPER Drive System.
- Batteries: Two SRM-22NF (deep cycle lead acid) in series (24v), less than 64lb. total.
- Brakes: caliper (2 front wheels only)
- Suspension: front wheels only, using skiís as leaf springs.
- Frame construction: mild steel, 1" box, smaller structural is .5" box. All gas welded.
- Steering: center pivot, two stick control
- Wheels & Tires: common alloy 20" hubs and rims, 100psi